The Town of Denton Finance Department is located at 13 N. Third St. Located inside of the Municipal Office Building. Hours of operation: Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Closed during Federal Holidays.
**please note Summer Hours: Monday - Thursday 7:30a.m.-5:00p.m.
(Begins June 12, 2013 and end September 10, 2013)
* TOWN OFFICE CLOSED ON FRIDAYS During the Summer .
State of Maryland Bay Restoration Fund Fee - The BRF is billed quarterly along with the Town's water/sewer billing. Click here for additional information regarding this fee and the Town's BRF Financial Harship Exemption Policy.
The Finance Department establishes and implements the financial policies and procedures of the Town, invest funds, and handles the deposits and payments of Town revenues and expenditures.
The Finance Department accepts payments for the following:
- Water & Sewer Billing
- Special Collection Fees ( 33 KB)
- Building Permits
- Planning & Zoning Fees
- Personal Property Taxes
- Railroad and Public Utility Taxes
- Parking Tickets
- State Funds - Gas Tax, Police Aid, Income Tax, Grants
- View the current Tax Rates
NOTE: Real Estate Property Taxes are billed and collected by the
Caroline County Treasurer's Office, Room 109 Market Street, Denton Md.
The Finance Department handles:
- Accounts Receivable - billing and collection of all funds owed the Town
- Accounts Payable - processes expenditures according to the budget
- Insurance - Property, Liability, Workmen's Compensation, Life, and Bond
- Custodian of the records of the Town Board
- Coordinating health and safety activities for employees
- Managing all human resources and employee relations
- Funding for grant projects
- Prepares audit work sheets
- Prepares weekly special collection list
- Utility billing - water, sewer and vacant lot (quarterly)
- Aids in the annual tax sale handled by the County
- 2004 Financial Report
- 2005 Financial Report
- 2006 Financial Report
- 2007 Financial Report
- 2008 Financial Report
- 2009 Financial Report
- 2010 Financial Report
- 2011 Financial Report
- 2012 Financial Report
Hours of operation:
The Finance Department is open Monday through Friday, from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM.
and may be reached by calling 410-479-2050.
Supervises Finance Dept.
Account Clerk II
Account Clerk III
Account Clerk III