The Finance Department establishes and implements the financial policies and procedures of the Town, invest funds, and handles the deposits and payments of Town revenues and expenditures.
The Town of Denton Finance Department is located at 4 N. Second St. Located inside of the Municipal Office Building. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Closed during Holidays.
Hours of operation:
Lobby is open Monday through Friday, from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM.
Drive-thru 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM.
Payment Night Drop is located to the left of the 4 N 2nd St. entrance
Staff can be reached by calling 410-479-2050
The Finance Department handles:
- Accounts Receivable – billing and collection of all funds owed the Town
- Accounts Payable – processes expenditures according to the budget
- Insurance – Property, Liability, Workmen’s Compensation, Life, and Bond
- Custodian of the records of the Town Board
- Coordinating health and safety activities for employees
- Managing all human resources and employee relations
- Funding for grant projects
- Elections – provides assistance to the Board of Supervisors of Elections
- Prepares audit work sheets
- Prepares weekly special collection list
- Utility billing – water, sewer and vacant lot (quarterly)
- Aids in the annual tax sale handled by the County
The Finance Department accepts payments for the following:
- Water & Sewer Billing 2017-2018 billing schedule
- Special Collection Fees
- Building Permits
- Planning & Zoning Fees
- Rental Licenses
- Personal Property Taxes
- Railroad and Public Utility Taxes
- Parking Tickets
- State Funds – Gas Tax, Police Aid, Income Tax, Grants
Forms required by the Finance Dept. for releasing account information
FY Adopted Budgets – All Years
Click here to view the Adopted Budgets for FY’s 2019 – 2014.
Financial Reports – All Years
Click here to view the Financial Reports from 2004 – 2017.