Building code and property maintenance inspections are available through the office of
Planning and Codes. Call: (410) 479-3625 for scheduling an inspection, filing complaints, and inquiries.
- Inspections can be scheduled with a 36-hour notice Monday thru Friday by calling 410-479-3625.
- There is no charge for property maintenance inspections.
- Building code inspections fees are included in the building permit fee.
- Electrical and plumbing inspections.
- For Erosion & Sediment Control (E&SC) information: click on link under Planning and Codes: Applications: Permit Applications and Information
- Accessibility Standards: ADA accessible design questions can be referred to the Access Board for technical assistance: (800) 872-2253, (800) 993-2822 (TTY), or email@example.com.
- Sign Information
Denton Subdivision and Zoning Ordinance, Chapters 73 & 128. Access the Town Code here.
Town of Denton 2010 Comprehensive Plan, Sept. 13, 2010 (PDF Document 9 MB) compressed file, not appropriate for printing. Higher resolution copies are available through the Office of Planning and Codes.
- Denton Pattern Book(141 MB)
Denton’s Architectural Pattern Book describes our town’s unique character and the essential characteristics of Denton’s built form that our citizens know and cherish. The Pattern Book also presents the public vision for perpetuating these characteristics along with strategies, applicable to both revitalization and new development projects, for achieving that goal.