Mardi Gras Masqued Ball Saturday March 1, 2014
Let the Good Times Roll at the Mardi Gras Masqued Ball!!
Denton, MD – The Caroline County Council of Arts (CCCA) will host their Mardi Gras Masqued Ball on Saturday March 1, 2014. This marquee fundraising event promises a spectacular evening of Cajun-inspired cuisine and entertainment. Proceeds will benefit CCCA programs and projects. Tickets are $35 per person or $32.50 per person for groups of 6 or more. Tickets can be purchased online at www.carolinearts.org, by phone at 410-479-1009, or by stopping by The Foundry community art gallery at 401 Market Street in Denton.
This year, the menu will include a Cajun-inspired gourmet bill of fare. “We decided to continue the Mardi Gras theme with a rustic flair,” says Marina Dowdall, CCCA Executive Director. “The menu includes crawfish dip, catfish bites, gumbo, and a carving station; with king cake, pecan pralines, and bourbon pudding for dessert.” Back by popular demand, the Boonetown Stompers Dixieland Band will perform again this year. The event will also include dancing, a casino area, mask contest and a raffle for several high-end, experience-based packages.
“We have some great raffle packages,” says Christy Cheezum, CCCA President. “People will have a chance to win some truly unique experiences and create some great memories.” Raffle tickets are on sale now at The Foundry and directly from CCCA Board members. The drawings will take place at the Masqued Ball on March 1st, but one need not be present to win. The raffle is open to those aged 21 and over only. Prizes include:
· Wellness Package ($550+ value) Full body massage by Cindy Draper & Associates; pedicure and manicure by Samantha @ Defining Moments, full facial by Skin Sanity; and a six month family membership to the YMCA in Denton.
· Arts & Crafts Package ($500+ value) 11x14 oil painting by Barbara Donnon, painting lesson by Lisa Martin, $50 gift certificate for a fiber arts class at FACES, Kumihimo (Japanese braiding) kit by Barbara Martin, and assorted arts & craft supplies.
· Tour Caroline Package ($350+ value) A day long guided adventure for four with a special treat at each stop with lunch at the Market Street Pub. Visiting Seaberry Farm, Outstanding Dreams Farm, Chincoteague Pony Rescue, Knaggs Guitars, Adkins Arboretum, and Linchester Mill. Includes a $100 Adkins Arboretum gift certificate.
· Sports & Leisure Package ($375+ value) two tickets for a Ravens 2014 pre-season game (section 128, row 8, next to Ravens bench), two tickets to 2014 Orioles game, two amusement park tickets and a variety of collectable sports memorabilia.
· Craft Brew & Winery Package ($350+ value) Enjoy a variety of craft beers and swag from local microbreweries, including Resonator Brewing and The Federal Brewing Co. four tickets to Wine in the Woods in Columbia, Md and two passes to Wicomico Co. Autumn Wine Festival at Pemberton Park. Also includes a wine tasting for a party of four at St. Michaels Winery.
The Masqued Ball will take place on Saturday, March 1st at the 7:00 p.m. at the Volunteer Fire Hall in Denton and is for ages 21 and over. Attendees may dress in costume, black tie or cocktail attire, whatever the preference, but don’t forget your mask! For more information contact 410-479-1009 or visit www.carolinearts.org.
May 17 - Paddlefest on the Choptank
PADDLEFEST ON THE CHOPTANK PLANNED FOR MAY 17TH
Plans are underway for the 5th Annual Paddlefest on the Choptank hosted by the Caroline County Chamber of Commerce from Greensboro to Denton on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. The event will take place on Saturday, May 17th.
On-site registration and check in for paddlers will begin at 8:30 am at the Carnival Grounds in Greensboro followed by the launch which will begin at 10:30 am.
The course will be a 7.7 mile paddle down the Choptank (going WITH the current) and ending at the Choptank River Yacht Club in West Denton where the festival will begin at noon. You can enjoy live music with a Bluegrass band and the Lockerman Middle School Jazz Band, a variety of food, displays and activities including the Paddle Poker awards presentation all on the beautiful Choptank River.
Caroline Summerfest 2014 - August 15 & 16, 2014
Join us for the 26th Annual Caroline Summerfest Event.
This Year's theme is "Cruisin to the 50's"
Join us in historic downtown Denton for free live music, fun, strolling entertainment, pedestrian parade, kidzart, food ($), and more. Dress the part in your best 50's clothing.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS EVENT IS A PET FREE, BICYCLE FREE EVENT. Thank you for your consideration.
Applications for vendors are now available below.
- General Vendor Applications (non-food vendor)
- Food Vendor Applications
- Artisan Applications (coming soon)
- Corporate Sponsor Applications (coming soon)
Denton Holiday Parade and Lighting of the Green 2014
Thursday 6p.m. in downtown Denton.
More info. will be posted closer to the event date.