- REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL, Trash Collection Services (posted 3/14/17) (Closed)
- The Town of Denton is accepting sealed bid proposals for trash collection services. Information, specifications, and bid forms may be obtained by clicking below or calling 410-479-2051. Bids must be received by the Town of Denton no later than 10:00 a.m., April 7, 2017. Bids will be opened and publicly read at that time. A pre-bid meeting will be held on Wednesday, March 29, 2017, at 9:00 a.m. at the Town Office, 4 North Second Street. “This Contract is subject to all appropriate federal laws including Title IV of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.”–CLICK HERE for Bid Package.
- Award: Republic Services
- REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL, Sharp Road Park Fields (posted 3/08/2017) (Closed)
- The Town of Denton is seeking bids for Layout, Seeding, Mulching and Grading Fields at Sharp Rd Athletic Complex. All work will be per the map within the red line area that is shown on the Towns Website under Sharp Road Park.A pre-bid meeting will be held at 10:00 AM, March 31, 2017 at the Denton Town Office located at 4 North Second Street Denton MD.Proposals must include the executed Fee Schedule and a statement that you have performed satisfactory and necessary research to prepare your proposal.-CLICK HERE for Red Line Drawing-CLICK HERE for additional details.
- Awarded: Duvall Brothers
- REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL, 6th Street Sewer Main Replacement. (posted 2/23/2017) (Closed)
- The Town of Denton is soliciting proposals for the replacement of 165-feet of 8-inch sewer main on 6th Street between Market and Gay Streets in Denton, Maryland. A doghouse manhole may be included in this project as an add alternate. A pre-bid meeting will be held at 10:00 AM, March 17, 2017 at the Denton Town Office located at 4 North Second Street Denton MD. Attendance is mandatory. Proposals must include the executed Fee Schedule and a statement that you have performed satisfactory and necessary research to prepare your proposal. Proposals are due by 10:00 AM, March 29, 2017 in the Denton Town Office, at which time they will be opened. Contractors will be notified of the acceptance or rejection once an award has been made. Only one contractor will be selected. Inquires call 410-479-5446. –Click here for additional details.-Click here for Bid Results.
- Awarded: Gateway Construction
- INVITATION TO BID, Demolition 808 S. 5th Ave. (posted 11/16/16) (CLOSED, Completed)
The Town of Denton is seeking a qualified demolition contractor to provide demolition of 808 S. 5th Ave. and removal of identified items from the property interior.
A specific experienced subcontractor is being recommended to remove specified historic woodwork. Coordination between removal work and demolition is essential.
Click here for Advertisement
Click here for Demolition Plan
Click here for Woodwork Instructions
Click here for Brick Instructions
Bids will be received by the Town of Denton until November 30, 2016 at 2p.m. at 4 N. Second St., Denton MD 21629
Awarded: JNT Enterprises
- INVITATION TO BID, Wharves at Choptank Crossing Project (posted 1/27/16) (closed) (COMPLETED)
Sealed bids will be received by the Town of Denton for the Wharves at Choptank Crossing Project.
The work involves the furnishing of all labor, materials, transportation, tools, supplies and equipment necessary to install pile foundations, construct the visitor’s center building and complete all of the associated site work, including but not necessarily limited to, grading, paving, utility installation, sidewalks, curbs, curb ramps, drainage, stormwater management and landscaping. Please click here for complete revised advertisement.
Pre-Bid Meeting: Friday, February 5, 2016 10:00a.m. at Town Office (4 N. Second St. Denton) Mandantory Pre Bid Meeting.
Second Pre-Bid Meeting: Friday February 12, 2016 10a.m. at Town Office (4 N. Second St. Denton) Mandantory for those that could not make the 2/5/16 meeting due to snow. (Contractors that attended the February 5, 2016 meeting do not have to attend but may attend if they have additional questions.)
Sealed Bids Due: Friday,
February 19, 2016 11:30a.m. EXTENDED TO Friday, February 26, 2015 at 2p.m. at Town Office (4 N. Second St. Denton)
Bid Results – Receipt and Results are available here.
Awarded: Harper & Sons.
- INVITATION TO BID, Denton Municipal Tree Harvesting Project (posted 10/19/15) (closed)
The Town is accepting sealed bid proposals to cover the harvesting and removal of trees on two Town properties, piling the unwanted slash along the remaining forested areas and repairing any damage to roads, fences or other damages on said properties of the Town or any other landowners affected by this operation. The bid should be a lump-sum bid covering both properties. Please click below for additional details.
Pre-Bid Meeting: November 4, 2015 at 2:00 p.m. Denton Walmart Parking Lot near forested area on the east side of the building
Bids Due: November 18, 2015 by 2:00 p.m. at the Denton Town Office, 4 N. Second St.
- INVITATION TO BID, Sharp Road Park Tree Planting Project (posted 4/9/15) (COMPLETED)
The Town of Denton is accepting sealed bid proposals to plant White Pine trees and American Holly to act as a buffer between Sharp Road Park and Sharp Road. The bid should include a price per tree, delivered, planted and mulched, and staking materials for each tree. This will be coordinated as a student-participation project for the staking of the trees. Please click below for additional details.
Pre-Bid Meeting: April 15, 2015 2p.m. at the Denton Town Office 4 N. Second St.
-click here for sign in sheet.
Bids Due: April 29, 2015 2p.m. at the Denton Town Office 4 N. Second St.
-click here for award
- INVITATION TO BID, 3rd Street & Fountain Ave. Resurfacing Project (posted 3/25/15) (COMPLETED)
Sealed proposals will be received for the Third Street & Fountain Avenue resurfacing by the Town of Denton at the Town Office, 4 N. Second Street, Denton, MD 21629 until April 30, 2015, when they will be publicly opened and read aloud.
Pre-Bid Meeting: April 15, 2015 10:00a.m. at the Denton Town Office (4 N. Second St. Denton)
-click here for sign in sheet.
Bids Due: April 30, 2015 2:00p.m. at the Denton Town Office
– click here for bid award
- INVITATION TO BID, Trash Collection Services. (posted 3/4/2015) (CLOSED)
-Project Details: Link
– Bid Openings: Link
– click here for bid award.(comming soon)
- REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL, Multi-Home Demolition. (posted 10/15/2014) (CLOSED)
–PRE BID MEETING SIGN IN SHEET from 10/27/2014
–BID (TABULATION) RESULTS. from 11/14/2014
-Newspaper Ad: Link
-Project Details: Link.
- SB236 SEPTIC TIER IMPLEMENTATION GUIDANCE, VERSION 2.0 – Link
- SEPTIC TIER MAP – Link
- REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFP’s)(PROJECT COMPLETED 10.2014)
- 3RD ST BID # 14-004, REBID of New Basketball Court– The Town of Denton is seeking RFP’s for the design and construction of new basketball court adjacent the Denton Police Department on 100 N. 3rd St. Project specification, information, and conditions are available here. CLOSED 5/13/2014 – BID TABULATION is available here.
- 3RD ST BID # 14-003, New Basketball Court – The Town of Denton is seeking RFP’s for the design and construction of new basketball court adjacent the Denton Police Department on 100 N. 3rd St. Project specification, information, and conditions are available here – CLOSED 4/28/2014 – BID TABULATION is available here.
- 4 N 2ND ST BID # 14-002, Re-bid of Rehabilitation of New Denton Town Office – CLOSED 4/24/2014. The first RFP’s were rejected. This 2nd request is made with the Scope of Work value engineered to reduce cost of the project. The Town of Denton purchased the former PNC Bank Building, current address is 207 Market Street, Denton, MD. This project possesses multiple Bid Options and is a Design-Bid-Build Project Delivery Model. Concept Drawings, Specifications, References, and Project Description is listed below and includes release date. Addendum to the Bid will be listed below and dated accordingly (Click on the links to access documents):
- BID MEETING SIGN IN (CORRECTION) 3-26-2014 available here. Release Dae 3/28/2014
- Standard BID FORM available here – Release Date 3/19/2014.
- Scope of Work by Room is available here – Release Date 3/19/2014.
- 4 N 2nd St BID 14-002 Concept Drawings A1.0, 1st Floor, and A2.0, 2nd Floor – Release Date 3/19/2014.
- Existing Partial Plan showing structure available here. Existing Plans (Partial) – Release Date 3/19/2014.
- Template for Bid Format (Unit Cost Itemization) available here – Release PENDING.
- ADDENDUM 001 Available here. Release date 4-22-2014
- BID TABULATION (RESULTS) – Available here. Release date 4/25/2014
- 4 North 2nd St. BID #14-001, Rehabilitation of New Denton Town Office. (COMPLETED 10/2014) The Town of Denton purchased the former PNC Bank Building, current address is 207 Market Street, Denton, MD. This project possesses multiple Bid Options and is a Design-Bid-Build Project Delivery Model. Concept Drawings, Specifications, References, and Project Description is listed below and includes release date. Addendum to the Bid will be listed below and dated accordingly (Click on the links to access documents):
- Request for Proposal (RFP). Release date 2/5/2014 CLOSED 2/27/2014 2PM – NO LONGER ACCEPTING BIDS FOR THIS PROJECT.
- Concept Drawings A1.0 and A2.0, 1st and 2nd Floors, B01, Basement Floor. Release date 2/5/2014.
- ADDENDUM #001 – Click on this Link. Release date 2/12/2014
- ADDENDUM #001 RFI#001 ITEM # 008 – Generator Specifications Release date 2/12/2014.
- ADDENDUM #001 RIF#001 ITEM # 014 –Existing Plans (Partial) Release date 2/12/2014.
- ADDENDA #002 – Click on this Link. Release date 2/24/2014
- BID FORM _Standard for Town Projects – Click on this Link.
- ADDENDA #003 – Click on this Link. Release date 2/27/2014
- ArtsWay (Denton’s Arts and Entertainment District is unique as it reflects the Town’s own historical and cultural development. The District is located within both the Town’s Central Business District and Historical District. Click here. to view the project schematic.Chesapeake (PROJECT COMPLETED)
- Culinary Center The Chesapeake Culinary Center is a collaborative project renovating the Old Caroline High School in phases for the use as a culinary school and business.
- Phase I: Hazardous material abatement and stabilization – (COMPLETED).
- Phase II: Civil Engineering, Industrial Hygenist, Historic Window Restoration, Roofing, Historic Brick Restoration, Demolition – (COMPLETED)
- Phase III: Interior Renovations (COMPLETED)
- Phase IV: 2nd Floor Renovations.
- 323 Market Street Renovation and Conversion to Business Micro-Enterprise
A Denton Development Corporation (DDC) project renovating and converting an existing structure into a business micro-enterprise to encourage entrepreneurship. The project is fully funded using the Maryland Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and is anticipated to be completed February 1, 2011. The Town of Denton will manage the construction phase of the project – Completed 2011.
- Community Garden Project. Design-Build for the Pedestrian Pathways and Rainwater Harvesting Portion of the Denton Community Garden Project, project site located between Gay and Market Streets, and 3rd and 4th Streets. Click on the following link – Completed 2012.
- Denton Pattern Book(141 MB)
Denton’s Architectural Pattern Book describes our town’s unique character and the essential characteristics of Denton’s built form that our citizens know and cherish. The Pattern Book also presents the public vision for perpetuating these characteristics along with strategies, applicable to both revitalization and new development projects, for achieving that goal.
- Denton 2010 Comprehensive Plan (9 MB compressed, not recommended for printing.)
The Comprehensive Plan is the official statement of the Town setting policies concerning desirable future growth which serves as a general guide to public and private development decisions. Once adopted, it becomes the basis for the preparation of specific policies, programs and legislation, such as zoning and subdivision regulations, and other actions which implement the growth policies set forth in the Plan. Plan was officially adopted by the Denton Town Council on July 12, 2010.
- Economic Impact Assessment (463 KB)
An economic, fiscal and capital asset impact analysis of 13 proposed new developments in Denton.
- Denton Pavement Management Report (5.9 MB)
In order to meet the responsibility of maintaining Denton’s streets and paved surfaces, state-of-the-art asset and maintenance management planning tools are utilized to ensure that the annual maintenance programs will meet current and future needs.
- LID Techniques at The Villages at Watt’s Creek TND (2.4 MB)
This study was carried out to demonstrate how Low Impact Development controls can be integrated into a traditional neighborhood development (TND) community, to provide stormwater control while complementing the overall development design. Careful “Best Management Practice” (BMP) selection, proper placement, and appropriate sizing will maximize pollution and volume reductions in a cost effective manner.