Town of Denton Resident,
As we start with a new Waste Contractor, Eastern Shore Environmental, LLC, the Town is trying to eliminate the chronic problems with the household trash collections.
Code Officers will be increasing enforcement at first with notices, then issuing fines as necessary to address the problem.
As a reminder, per Town Code:
– Refuse containers must be water tight, made of metal or plastic, with handles and tight-fitting covers. No fifty-gallon drums will be permitted. (waste wheelers preferred)
– Max. (4) cans per residence, with a total of up to 128 gal. capacity.
– Special free collection is available for newspapers, bundled or bagged, & broken down, flattened bundled cardboard boxes.
– Approved bulk items can be collected with the purchase of a pick-up ticket. You MUST call the Town Office @ 410.479.2050 to arrange for pickup of any free or approved bulk items ($5 fee)
– Trash should be placed at the curb by 6am on collection day but should not be placed prior to 5pm on the day before collection.
NO CONSTRUCTION DEBRIS, LOOSE BAGS
OR LOOSE TRASH WILL BE PICKED UP.
Eastern Shore Environmental, LLC will be offering bi-weekly recycling collection, including container, to Town residents for a separate fee of $8.00 per month. They can also offer waste wheelers at a discounted price. Please contact them directly at 410.829.1717