Below are road closures requested for special events in Denton. Check back often as closures will be added periodically.
If you would like to have a Special Event and need a portion of a street closed off, please fill out this form and turn in to the Denton Police Department at 100 N Third St. Denton, MD 21629. Organizations are strongly urged to carry general liability insurance for their event.
Special Event forms should be turned in 30 days prior to your event. If your event is less than 30 days away, please contact the Denton Police Dept. at 410-479-1414.
Upcoming Road Closures for Events
2018 Special Events
- August 3 – Family Fun Fest (hosted by Dept. of Social Services) 8a.m-6p.m. parking at 3rd street lot not available, partial street closure at 3rd Street between Market and Gay St., Community Demonstration Garden used as well.
- May 27 – Savannah Overlook HOA Event – 2p.m.-6p.m. road closures on Painted Fern Rd.
- May 12 – SPRING THING – 1-5p.m. – Expect road closures on Market Street from 2nd street to 4th street. Part of 3rd and 4th street will be closed from Gay St. to Market St.
- May 11 – Cruise In Car Show – 6-9p.m. (ish) Monthly car show on the 200 and 300 block of Market Street. (streets closed off in the area of the car display) Car show runs May – Sept. the 2nd Friday of the month.
- May 11 – Unity Bike Tour – 11a.m. – 1:30p.m. – Expect temporary parking restrictions on the 200 and 300 block of Market Street. Temporary street closures from 5th Ave. down Market Street towards Courthouse (aprox. 1p.m.-1:30p.m.) while bikes ride out of town.
- April 19 – October 18 (Third Thursdays) 300 Block of Market Street closed for Corn Hole Tournaments during the monthly Third Thursday events.
- April 16 – Fiber Optic Infrastructure Improvements – Temporary detours possible during this project.
- March 17 – St. Patrick’s Day at Market St. Pub – portion of 2nd Street between Market and Franklin St.
- March 17 – St. Patrick’s Day 5K Race – 9a.m. 4th Street and vicinity of Denton Elementary School
- January 15 – MLK March. – 9a.m. Starts at Lockerman Middle School, ends at County Courthouse.
2017 Special Events
- September 2, 2017 – 4p.m.-8p.m. Lincoln Street between 3rd and 4th Street. (Family day, private event)
- September 8, 2017 6p.m. – 9p.m. 200 Block Market St. (Car Show)
- September 21, 2017 5p.m.-9p.m. 200 Block Market St (Corn Hole, Third Thursday)
- September 29, 2017 4p.m.-11p.m. 600 block of Randolph St. (private event)
- October 13, 2017 – 5p.m. 5th Ave. from HAPS Building to Market St. Courthouse. (NCHS Homecoming Parade)
- October 19, 2017 – 5p.m.-7p.m. 200 block of Market Street, (Corn Hole & Band, Third Thursday Event)
- October 21, 2017 – 11a.m.-3p.m. Market Street (between 1st and 3rd St.) & 2nd St. (between Market and Gay St.) (Tats for Tails Event)
- October 28, 2017 – 10a.m.-2p.m. 3rd Street Municipal Lot closed to parked cars. (Trunk or Treat Event, hosted by DDMS, event hours 11a.m.-2p.m.)