Building code and property maintenance inspections are available through the office of
Planning and Codes. Call: (410) 479-3625 for scheduling an inspection, filing complaints, and inquiries.
- Inspections can be scheduled with a 36-hour notice Monday thru Friday by calling 410-479-3625.
- There is no charge for property maintenance inspections.
- Building code inspections fees are included in the building permit fee.
- Electrical and plumbing inspections.
- For Erosion & Sediment Control (E&SC) information: click on link under Planning and Codes: Applications: Permit Applications and Information
- Accessibility Standards: ADA accessible design questions can be referred to the Access Board for technical assistance: (800) 872-2253, (800) 993-2822 (TTY), or email@example.com.
- Sign Information
Denton Subdivision and Zoning Ordinance, Chapters 73 & 128. Access the Town Code here.
Town of Denton 2010 Comprehensive Plan, Sept. 13, 2010 (PDF Document 9 MB) compressed file, not appropriate for printing. Higher resolution copies are available through the Office of Planning and Codes. Town of Denton 2010 Comprehensive Plan Amendment to include the Septic Tier Map. The following chapters are included in the 2010 Comprehensive Plan:
- 2010 Comprehensive Plan Table of Contents
- 2010 Comprehensive Plan Chapter 1
- 2010 Comprehensive Plan Chapter 2
- 2010 Comprehensive Plan Chapter 3
- 2010 Comprehensive Plan Chapter 4
- 2010 Comprehensive Plan Chapter 5
- 2010 Comprehensive Plan Chapter 6
- 2010 Comprehensive Plan Chapter 7
- 2010 Comprehensive Plan Chapter 8
- 2010 Comprehensive Plan Chapter 9
- 2010 Comprehensive Plan Chapter 10
- 2010 Comprehensive Plan Chapter 11
- 2010 Comprehensive Plan Chapter 12
- 2010 Comprehensive Plan References
- 2010 Comprehensive Plan Appendix I
- 2010 Comprehensive Plan Appendix II
- 2010 Comprehensive Plan Appendix III
- 2010 Comprehensive Plan Appendix IV
Town of Denton Zoning Maps:
Maryland’s Forest Conservation Act – Senate Bill 234
Effective October 1, 2019, Senate Bill 234 requires local governments to provide local Forest Conservation Fund Mitigation Plans and Accounting Procedures available to the public. Click here for mitigation plan and accounting procedures.
(9/03/2019) In an effort to reduce the amount of rubbish sent to the landfills and to reduce the cost to the Town for providing residential trash service, the Denton Town Council recently adopted Ordinance #701 “Recycling Program” to provide for the Regulation and Collection of Recyclables and Resolution #865 Establishing Recycling Collection and Violation Fees.
The Town wide recycling program is scheduled to begin on October 3, 2019, with collection to occur every Thursday… (click here for full details)
- Denton Pattern Book(141 MB)
Denton’s Architectural Pattern Book describes our town’s unique character and the essential characteristics of Denton’s built form that our citizens know and cherish. The Pattern Book also presents the public vision for perpetuating these characteristics along with strategies, applicable to both revitalization and new development projects, for achieving that goal.
Carbon Monoxide Safety
Carbon monoxide detectors are required in all rental units. This is a State law (Maryland Public Safety 12-1101 & 12-1102 ) that goes into effect April 1, 2018
–Click here for a recent broadcast regarding this law.
-If you are a landlord in Denton, please contact our department for more information on how to be compliant with the new law.