If You Are Interested in Receiving Our Council Meeting Agendas Please Sign Up Below:
Denton Town Council
April 2, 2020
The Denton Town Council meeting schedule for Thursday April 2, 2020 will be held via Zoom https://zoom.us/ This platform allows the public to log onto Zoom.us and join the meeting with a meeting ID number and a password. You can also call into the meeting, but we highly recommend you use a personal computer to access the meeting.
Below is the information needed to access the meeting
Topic: Denton Town Council Meeting
Time: Apr 2, 2020 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 351 028 262
+1-312-626-6799,,351028262# US (Chicago)
+1-646-558-8656,,351028262# US (New York)
Until further notice, all meetings will be held by conference call.
- The public will be allowed to listen in to the calls but will be muted in order to eliminate background noise.
- If possible, under the circumstances, public comment will be permitted at the sole discretion of the Denton Town Council. Under Maryland Open Meetings law, the public does not have a right to speak, but only to observe the meetings.
- The Denton Town Council will take roll call by name and announce which staff are participating directly in the meeting.
- All speakers, including the Denton Town Council must announce their name each time before they speak. This means before asking a question or making a statement, the person must state their last name.
- Any document being voted on by the Denton Town Council will be linked on the agenda in advance wherever possible in order to facilitate public understanding of items that will be voted on or discussed.
Thank you for your patience as we use this new platform to hold meetings during this time of social distancing.
Pledge Allegiance to the Flag – 7:00 p.m.
Record of Attendance
Approval of Minutes – March 5, 2020 Regular Meeting Minutes
March 18, 2020 Joint Council/ Utility Commission Meeting
March 19, 2020 Special Meeting
Petitions, remonstrances and communication
Proclamation – YMCA Child Abuse Prevention Month
Proclamation – 2019 Best in Business Awards – Denton Businesses
Top Knot Salon
CASA of Caroline
Choptank Community Health System
Caroline County Family YMCA
Caroline County States Attorney’s Office Monthly Report
Veterans Parade Update
Introduction and adoption of resolutions and ordinances – Complete copies of all ordinances and resolutions are available for review at the Denton Town Office.
Ordinance #705 – FY2020 General Fund Appropriations
(combined with New Business #5)
Reports of officers, board and committees
- Traffic Study – 3rd and Market St.
- Water and Sewer Allocation – Korah Pulimood
- Rain Gutter Replacement – Town Office Building
- Resurfacing of S. 4th Street and Camp Road.
- 5th and Legion Road Stormwater Grant
- FY2020 General Fund Budget
- Small Business Loans – Late Fee Waiver
The next Denton Town Council Meeting is May 7, 2020. Items for consideration on this agenda should be presented to the Denton Town Office by noon on April 24, 2020.
Note: All or part of the Denton Town Council Meeting may be held in closed session under the authority of the Maryland Open Meeting Act. Please advise town staff of any special needs you may have to attend the Town Meeting