Town Election Information
NOTICE OF UNCONTESTED ELECTION
Town of Denton Board of Supervisors of Elections
The Town of Denton Board of Supervisors of Election has received one (1) candidate nomination for the open seat on the Denton Town Council. The election for the Town Council seat is scheduled for November 3, 2020. Pursuant to Section 5C-10 of the Town Charter where “there is no contest for any of the offices for which an election shall be proper,” the Board of Supervisors of Elections is directed to cancel the election and to certify as elected the candidate who has “filed a valid certificate of nomination.” Accordingly, the election scheduled for November 3, 2020 is CANCELLED. Mr. Dallas Lister will be certified as elected as a member of the Denton Town Council for the term of January 1, 2021 through December 31, 2025.
October 6, 2020 Town of Denton Board of Supervisors of Election
Signe Hippert, Member
Cheryl Getchell, Member
Denise Quinn, Member
Town Election Information
- Click here for ELECTION SCHEDULE.
- Click here for ELECTION CANDIDATE INFORMATION
- Click here for VOTER REGISTRATION DETAILS
- Click here for ABSENTEE BALLOT INFORMATION
- Absentee Ballot Application – Uncontested – Election Canceled
- Absentee Ballot Designation of Agent Form – Uncontested – Election Canceled
- Click here for 2019 Candidates
Town Election Results
- 2020 Election Results
- 2019 Election Results
- 2018 Election Results
- 2017 Election Results
- 2016 Election Results
- 2015 Election Results
- 2014 Election Results
Town Board of Elections
The Board of Supervisors of Election shall consist of three members who shall be appointed by the Town Council on or before the first Monday in July. The terms of members of the Board of Supervisors of Election begin on the first Monday in July in the year in which they are appointed and run for two years. Members of the Board shall be qualified voters of the Town and shall not hold or be candidates for any elective office during their terms in office. The Board shall appoint one of its members as Chairman. Vacancies on the Board shall be filled by the Councilpersons consent for the remainder of the unexpired term.
|Member Names||End of Term|
|Signe Hippert||June 30, 2022|
|Cheryl Getchell||June 30, 2022|
|Denise Quinn||June 30, 2022|
Primary Election Information and Results
As of 3/17/2020 Maryland Primary Date Has Changed.
Gubernatorial Election Information
Denton is in Election District 36
- Click here for Caroline Co. Legislator Contact Information and Representative list.
- Click here for additional voting information.
- Click Here for County Board of Elections
- Gubernatorial Election Information (Revised 8/28/2020)