Below are road closures requested for special events in Denton. Check back often as closures will be added periodically.
If you would like to have a Special Event and need a portion of a street closed off, please fill out this form and turn in to the Denton Police Department at 100 N Third St. Denton, MD 21629. Organizations are strongly urged to carry general liability insurance for their event.
Special Event forms should be turned in 30 days prior to your event. If your event is less than 30 days away, please contact the Denton Police Dept. first at 410-479-1414.
Upcoming Road Closures for Events
2020 Special Events
- January 20, 2020 – Martin Luther King Jr. March – 9a.m. march from Lockerman Middle School to County Courthouse. (street temporarily closed for walkers)
2019 Special Events
- December 5, 2019 – Holiday Parade – 5th Ave, Market St, 1st Street, Franklin St. – 5p.m.-8:30p.m. Streets will have limited access during the holiday parade. Please use alternate routes to get around town. PARKING: No parking on Market from 1st Street -5th Street.
- October 26, 2019 – Trunk or Treat – 3rd Street parking lot will be reserved for trunk or treat vehicles only (9a.m.-1p.m.) Please use alternate public parking during this time.
- October 19, 2019 – Denton Wellness Day – 10a.m.-2p.m. 3rd and Market St. (no road closure, event on green space and using parking spaces by the green.) Sponsored by CC Health Dept.
- October 17, 2019 – Music at 3rd and Market St. lot (no road closures) 6p.m.-8p.m. Part of Third Thursday event.
- October 12, 2019 – Supper at Sunset – 5-9p.m. 200 block of Market Street will be closed off for this event.
- October 11, 2019 – NCHS Homecoming Parade – 5p.m. -7p.m. roads blocked of for the parade from HAPS building to the Co. Courthouse on Market ST. Please use alternate routes during this time to avoid these areas (5th ave – Market St.)
- September 27, 2019 – Chamber of Commerce Cornhole Tournament – 5:30p.m.-8p.m. Green space at 3rd and Market Street will be reserved for the Chamber event.
Road Work at Legion and 5th. 09/23/19 6:00 AM Work till 6:00 PM
09/24/19 9:00 AM Till 6:00 PM
09/25/19 9:00 AM Till 6:00 PM
09/26/19 9:00 AM Till 6:00 PM Work Complete
Please note, road work will be taking place at the intersection of 5th and Legion Rd. Use caution when driving in this area and obey flagger directions.
- August 31, 2019 – Retirement Party (private event) Randolph St. between 6th aand7th. Street closed from 12p.m.-9p.m.
- August 15-17, 2019 – Caroline Summerfest – Streets in downtown will be blocked off for the 31st annual event. Restricted parking at the 3rd and 4th St. municipal parking lots, restricted street parking along Market St. between 1st and 4th, restricted street parking on Gay St. from 4th St. to 1st St. And no parking within the event boundaries. (Use the free park and ride during the event, located next to the HAPS building on 7th St.)
- August 2, 2019 – DSS Family Funday – 300 block of Market St. will be closed down, parts of the municipal parking at 3rd and 4th street will be limited access during this event. Event taking place at the 3rd and Market St. lot.
- July 27, 2019 – YMCA Luau – 11a.m.-3p.m. corner of 3rd and Market St. 3rd street will be blocked off at Market St. and the entrance to the municipal lot on 3rd Street.
- May 25, 2019 – Praise in the Park. 11a.m. – 4p.m. High Street will be blocked off from 6th to Church St.
- May 11, 2019 – Police Unity Bike Tour. Expect temporary parking restrictions on the 200 and 300 block of Market Street. Temporary street closures from 5th Ave. down Market Street towards Courthouse (aprox. 1p.m.-1:30p.m.) while bikes ride out of town.
- May 11 – Spring Thing – 1p.m.-5p.m. 3rd and 4th Street between Gay and Market St. will be closed off to vehicles. Vendors, music and art event, open to the public.
- April 21, 2019 – White Rabbit Easter Egg Hunt – 2-4p.m. 3rd and Market St. Lot (Hosted by Nich’s Coffee)
- April 18, 2019 – Third Thursday Accoustical Music at 3rd and Market St. – 6-8p.m. (Hosted by Nich’s Coffee)
- April 6, 2019 – Denton Little League Parade – Temporary street closures during the parade around 9:30a.m. Starting at 5th and Sunnyside to 1st and Market, Franklin St. to Maryland Ave. Please use caution and alter your route as small children will be a part of the parade.
- March 16, 2019 – St. Paddy’s Day 5K.- Portions 4th Street from Randolph St. to Sharp Rd. Will be closed off for runners and walkers during the event. Aprox. times 9a.m.-1p.m.
2018 Special Events
- December 20, 2018 – LMS Holiday Parade. Lockerman St. closed from 12:30p.m.-2p.m.
- December 6, 2018 – Denton Holiday Parade and Lighting of the Green – 5p.m. roads closed at Market and 5th Ave. as parade makes its way down to the courthouse. (roads with limited access: Market St., Franklin St, 5th Ave.)
- October 27, 2018 – Trunk or Treat – 11a.m-1p.m., 3rd and Gay St. Parking Lot (Parking lot closed for event)
- October 14, 2018 – Picture with a Unicorn – 12p.m.-3p.m. Grass lot at 3rd and Market St. Downtown Denton.
- October 14, 2018 – Supper at Sunset – 5p.m.-8p.m. 200 block of Market Street will be closed off to vehicle traffic.
- October 13, 2018 – Tour the Shore Road Rally – 7a.m.-10:30a.m. – Wharves of Choptank Visitor and Heritage Center. May have brief road delays as cars line up for the road rally. May limit access to boat ramp at Crouse Park.
- October 5, 2018 – Homecoming Parade – 5p.m. 5th Avenue and Market Street will have limited access during the parade.
- September 29 – Motorcycle Poker Run Stop. – Front of Courthouse 100 Block of Market St. 1p.m.-2p.m. Parking will be blocked off for the motorcycles in this event only.
- August 17 & 18 – Caroline Summerfest – 12p.m.(Friday) – 10p.m.(Saturday) Limited access to 1st Street, 2nd Street, 3rd Street, Market Street, Gay Street during the annual Caroline Summerfest Event. Please obey all detour signs and law enforcement direction.
- August 16 – Summerfest Pre-Setup 5-7p.m. Directly around Courthouse. Parts of 2nd Street and Market Street may be limited access or shut down due to vendor setup for Summerfest.
- August 3 – Family Fun Fest (hosted by Dept. of Social Services) 8a.m-6p.m. parking at 3rd street lot not available, partial street closure at 3rd Street between Market and Gay St., Community Demonstration Garden used as well.
- July 28 – 12p.m.-4p.m. Riverview Gardens event.
- July 12 – 2-4p.m. National Summer Learning Day. Lot at 3rd and Market St. Public event, vendors, information. Street will be open, watch for people.
- July 2 – Road work resurfacing is scheduled to begin in Denton, Monday July 2 on S. 3rd Street from Franklin Street to Carter and Randolph between 3rd and 4th Street.
- June 16 – Block Party Riverton Ave. 2p.m.-8p.m. road closure of Riverton Ave. from 1st Street to 2nd Street. (Private Event)
- May 27 – Savannah Overlook HOA Event – 2p.m.-6p.m. road closures on Painted Fern Rd.
- May 12 – SPRING THING – 1-5p.m. – Expect road closures on Market Street from 2nd street to 4th street. Part of 3rd and 4th street will be closed from Gay St. to Market St.
- May 11 – Cruise In Car Show – 6-9p.m. (ish) Monthly car show on the 200 and 300 block of Market Street. (streets closed off in the area of the car display) Car show runs May – Sept. the 2nd Friday of the month.
- May 11 – Unity Bike Tour – 11a.m. – 1:30p.m. – Expect temporary parking restrictions on the 200 and 300 block of Market Street. Temporary street closures from 5th Ave. down Market Street towards Courthouse (aprox. 1p.m.-1:30p.m.) while bikes ride out of town.
- April 19 – October 18 (Third Thursdays) 300 Block of Market Street closed for Corn Hole Tournaments during the monthly Third Thursday events.
- April 16 – Fiber Optic Infrastructure Improvements – Temporary detours possible during this project.
- March 17 – St. Patrick’s Day at Market St. Pub – portion of 2nd Street between Market and Franklin St.
- March 17 – St. Patrick’s Day 5K Race – 9a.m. 4th Street and vicinity of Denton Elementary School
- January 15 – MLK March. – 9a.m. Starts at Lockerman Middle School, ends at County Courthouse.
2017 Special Events
- September 2, 2017 – 4p.m.-8p.m. Lincoln Street between 3rd and 4th Street. (Family day, private event)
- September 8, 2017 6p.m. – 9p.m. 200 Block Market St. (Car Show)
- September 21, 2017 5p.m.-9p.m. 200 Block Market St (Corn Hole, Third Thursday)
- September 29, 2017 4p.m.-11p.m. 600 block of Randolph St. (private event)
- October 13, 2017 – 5p.m. 5th Ave. from HAPS Building to Market St. Courthouse. (NCHS Homecoming Parade)
- October 19, 2017 – 5p.m.-7p.m. 200 block of Market Street, (Corn Hole & Band, Third Thursday Event)
- October 21, 2017 – 11a.m.-3p.m. Market Street (between 1st and 3rd St.) & 2nd St. (between Market and Gay St.) (Tats for Tails Event)
- October 28, 2017 – 10a.m.-2p.m. 3rd Street Municipal Lot closed to parked cars. (Trunk or Treat Event, hosted by DDMS, event hours 11a.m.-2p.m.)